We love experimenting with our products but love it more when we hear how our customers are using them. If you have a recipe that you would be happy to share, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lemon and Garlic Salt Roast Chicken and Vegetables
A healthy and simple recipe. You can even get the kids involved in the kitchen!
- 2kg whole chicken
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, roughly chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 cup Rusty Bus Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Gilmore Valley Lemon and Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Gilmore Valley Herb and Garlic Salt
- 500g chat potatoes
- Approx 2 cups of pumpkin, chopped into large pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thickly sliced
- 4 Gilmore Valley Garlic cloves, peeled
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C for fan-forced. Rinse chicken under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel (including cavity). Place in large roasting pan. Place celery, lemon and bay leaf in chicken cavity. Drizzle chicken with oil and rub all over with Lemon and Garlic Salt. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Roast for 30 mins, then add potatoes, pumpkin, carrot and garlic to pan, tossing in pan juices and sprinkle with Herb and Garlic Salt. Roast for 50 - 60 mins or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with a skewer.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and pan juices.
Black Garlic Butter
Black Garlic Butter is simple to make, versatile and just delicious.
- 4 large Black Garlic cloves
- 100g butter, cubed and at room temp
- 1/2 tsp Gilmore Valley garlic salt
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and use a stick mixer to blend together until smooth.
2. Place on a sheet of baking paper and roll into a log.
3. Store in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
4. Slice off as needed and melt on a tender steak, jacket potatoes, hot corn on the cob, crispbread or crackers, a thick slice of crusty bread or on toast with a poached egg on top... yum!
Spaghetti with Olive Oil, Garlic and Black Garlic Salt
Quick and easy, yet full of flavour! Good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a must for this recipe! You can also add chilli flakes to add some heat to this dish.
- 500g Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup Rusty Bus Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Gilmore Valley garlic salt
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly
- Pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Gilmore Valley Black Garlic salt to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add garlic salt and pasta. Stir.
- While pasta is cooking, combine garlic and olive oil in a frying pan and bring to a gentle simmer. (Keep the heat low, you don't want to burn the garlic!) Cook for about 6 mins until the garlic has softened and slightly brown.
- Slowly add approx 1/3 cup of the pasta water to stop garlic from cooking further.
- Once Spaghetti is cooked to your liking, drain and add to pan. Add the parsley, basil, chilli flakes (optional) and parmesan and stir well. You can add more pasta water if sauce looks a little dry.
- Serve pasta and sprinkle with Black garlic salt.